SPA Alumni is an autonomous body of the Alumni of the School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi. It was registered in 1992 under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. Presently it has around 300 members in its fold.
Aims and Objects
- To foster fraternity among the members of the Alumni
- To Promote and encourage academic; professional, and social activities that concern Alumni and the School
- To maintain a register of all Alumni of the School with their complete bio-data, present occupation, present address and other relevant details
- To collect and disseminate information and to publish magazines and bulletins and by any other medium that the Executive Committee may approve
- To organize and establish scholarship funds to help needy and deserving students, and in furtherance of any or all of its objects.
- To institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, research papers, academic/professional activity, and outstanding social and community service by Alumni and Students
- To undertake to organize, own, or take on lease or hire temporarily, property necessary or convenient for the furtherance of the objects of the Association
- To receive, invest and deal with the funds and monies of the Association
- To realize its objects, the Alumni shall have representation on the various decision-making bodies of the School and of other institution relating to the members of the Alumni
- To do all such lawful acts and things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above objects and/or beneficial to the interests of the School and its Alumni